Wednesday, August 29, 2012

'Catching Fire' by Suzanne Collins



Publisher: Scholastic

ISBN: 978-1-407109-36-7

Length: 472 Pages

Opening Line: 'I clasp the flask between my hands even through the warmth from the tea has long since leached into the frozen air.'

Review:

The writing in this book is intelligent, intense and the suspense Collins creates in this book had me racing through, to find out what happened next. It's not often that I read a book quickly, but I finished this book in less than three days, because I couldn't put this book down!

One slight complaint would be that some of the second half of the novel was a little similar to the first book, but there were enough surprises in there, to make this book different. The cliff hangers left at the end of this book, make me desperate to find out what happens next.

Is this worth a read?

Yes. I think that this is a fantastic trilogy, which is not just confined to a teenage audience.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, this is just a note to say that I've nominated you for One Lovely Blog Award, if you pop over to this post you can see what you can do to get the award :D

    http://thehouseofliterarymirrors.blogspot.co.uk/#!/2012/09/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete