Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sunday Snippet

A few weeks ago, I was frustrated by the fact that I couldn't find anything good to read. Now, I have so many books, I haven't got the time to finish them!

I recently joined the library (which I have mentioned before some where on the blog) which has finally opened  and have borrowed 3 books in Spanish:

'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' by Roald Dahl
'Emil and the Detectives' by Erich Kastner
'The Chronicles of Narnia-(The Magician's Nephew) by C.S.Lewis

Not only that, but I still have books on my shelves to be read, 'Game of Thrones Books 1' by George R.R Martin and the other day, a friend gave me the entire collection of 'Twilight' to finish, as I mentioned that I had only managed to read the first and second  book in the series. I'm not complaining about having so much to read, but I wish that there were more hours in the day!

Anyway back to my current read. I'm ploughing through this and, even though 'Game of Thrones' is a thick book, I'm really enjoying it still. Here's a snippet:

Page 232: 'Maester Luwin had sent a bird after Lord Eddard with a message, and another to Mother and a third to Jon on the Wall, but there had been no answers.'

'Game of Thrones'- George R.R Martin

What are you reading at the moment?

Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Game of Thrones. I have heard really good things about the TV show (not my kind of thing, personally), but would be interested to know how the book is.

    I loved Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Roald Dahl is a genius.

    I have just started reading A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway. He's a bit of an odd writer, the way he puts words together ... but I love his descriptions.

    Have a good week!

    http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Husband and son really like Game of Thrones on HBO...have not read it. Actually "between books" and looking for an interesting read...saw something about Charlie and the Chocolate Factory just yesterday, so I may have to see about that one!
    Now following you ~
    Best,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments Anne and Unpublished Life!

    I do agree that Roald Dahl is a fantastic writer and in my opinion, one of the best children's writers ever.


    Anne, if you decide to read 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' I hope you enjoy it. I will be interested to read what you think.

    ReplyDelete