Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday Film Talk

Regular readers of my blog will have noticed, that it has had a bit of an overhaul lately. Today, I thought I would start a new segment called 'Friday Film Talk' in which I will (unsurpringly), talk about films I have seen or post trailers for upcoming films I'm interested in seeing.

For the first 'Friday Film Talk', I thought I would post the official trailer for the new Sam Raimi film 'Oz the Great and Powerful'. In case you didn't know, this new film is a prequel to the 1939 classic 'The Wizard of Oz' , starring Judy Garland.

I love the original 'Oz' film and I'm worried that the new film will not live up to expectations of the classic. However, seeing this trailer gives me some hope.  See what you think.....




Will you see this film? Do you think it can live up to the original film?

6 comments:

  1. Oh, love this new segment - I am a bit of a film nut (doesn't come across much on my blog) but love watching films. The Wizard of Oz with Judy Garland is my favourite film of all time and I am not sure how I feel about the prequel ... I will definitely watch it (I have seen Wicked! the musical twice now), but will take it at face value.

    Have a great weekend!

    http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, I'm glad that you like the new segment. I would love to see the musical 'Wicked', I hope you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  2. Sure, I'll see it. Someday. I doubt I'll see it in the theatre. I'm from Kansas so I have a soft spot in my heart for Oz...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for comment Care. It's always interesting when a film is set in the place where you come from!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this film and will be curious to hear what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen it already.I have a friend in hollywood. He gave me an advance copy, for my eyes only.Best movie so far this year.

    Irene (Ad Wizards)

    ReplyDelete