Tuesday, January 14, 2014

First Chapter, First Paragraph Tuesday

Hosted by Bibliophile by the Sea, every Tuesday I post the first paragraph of an novel I am reading or want to read. This week's paragraph is from 'The Help' by Kathryn Stockett, a novel I have wanted to read for a while, but only just acquired it:

' Mae Mobley was born on an early Sunday morning in August, 1960. A church baby we like to call it. Taking care a white babies, that's what I do, along with all the cooking and the cleaning. I done raising seventeen kids in my lifetime. I know how to get them babies to sleep, stop crying, and go to the toilet bowl before their mamas even get out a bed in the morning.'

'The Help'- Kathryn Stockett

Would you continue reading?

5 comments:

  1. I still haven't read this one! I need to. I want to. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it --such a great book as well. enjoy

    Thanks for joining us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful book. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading that has made me want to read the book again. I know you will love it!
    Barbara
    marchhousebookscom.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete