Tuesday, February 25, 2014

First Chapter, First Paragraph Tuesday

Every Tuesday (or as many Tuesday's as I can) I participate in First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, hosted by 'Bibliophile By The Sea' . This is where I share the first paragraph of a book I am reading or thinking about reading soon.

This week I thought I would post the first paragraph of 'The Moment' by Douglas Kennedy. This book was given to me by a friend, as she thought I would enjoy it:

 'I was served with divorce papers this morning. I've had better starts to the day. And though I knew they were coming, the actual moment when they landed in my hand still threw me. Because their arrival announced: This is the beginning of the end.'

Would you read on?

12 comments:




  1. What an intro!! I would pick it up....

    Here is my intro post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this intro - very quick and to the point. I hope you enjoy this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An attention-getting start--I'd keep reading! My WoW:

    http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/02/first-chapter-first-paragraph-51.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes, that is a great start. We know from this opener that so much more drama is bound to come. Thanks for sharing...and here's MY TUESDAY POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read this book! Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would keep reading. The intro has me already wanting to know more. I hope you enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear…you feel for the protagonist straight away, don't you. I would read on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you do feel for the protagonist, but I'm also interested to find out why she is getting divorced in the first place.

      Delete
  8. This sounds intriguing - maybe something light?

    Here's Mine: http://www.sarahsbookshelves.com/fiction/first-chapter-first-paragraph-tuesday-intros-dark-road-mercy-wiley-cash/

    ReplyDelete