Wednesday, June 4, 2014

(Not So) Wordless Wednesday

Last week saw the end of year art exhibition for my art classes. When I first began the classes many years ago, I was nervous about exhibiting my work. However, I've come to really look forward to this event, as it gives me the opportunity to see the varying art works not just from my class, but the other classes that take place each year.

As you can see, there were an array of fantastic art works on display:







This was my contribution, a drawing of an owl which now belongs to my mum:

I actually completed this last year, but it missed the deadline for the exhibition. So, as I have still not completed my drawing of New York this year, I decided to show this drawing.

Many people arrived for the opening night, including the town's mayor and everyone seemed to have a good time.

Sadly my classes finished today for the summer, but I'm already thinking about what I'm going to create in October!


2 comments:

  1. Fab picture. I'm so jealous - drawing/painting well is one talent I've always longed to have. Also love the Diego Rivera-inspired peasants with flower baskets :) I have a nude version (with lilies) hanging on my kitchen wall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks for your comment. I think that everyone can create art, it just takes practise! Find an art form that feels comfortable for you (drawing, painting, sculpture, photography etc) and just do it!

      Delete