Monday, January 12, 2015

Happy New Year!

Ok, so technically we're already 12 days into 2015, but I've finally got back into blogging after a pretty awful few months, so I'm counting this as a fresh start.

One of the things I said that I would never do, but have done this year is set myself a reading challenge. I've decided that I would like to read 25 books this year, any more is a bonus. I think 25 is a good number, because it's achievable, but still pushes me to read more. In fact over the last few months, I have found reading very therapeutic. No matter where I was or what was going on, I could allow myself a few minutes to read my Kindle; an invention I said I would never have but in fact, found it to be a brilliant thing, and I could escape.

I've carried over one of my reads over from last year 'IT' by Stephen King to count for this year's challenge (not sure if that's cheating!), so I'm now on my second read of 2015 'A Village Affair' by Joanna Trollope. I will post a few thoughts on 'IT' in due course.

In the meantime, I hope you all have a great reading year in 2015 and thank you for sticking with this blog!

2 comments:

  1. No, it's not cheating to count the book in the year you finish it. Hey it's YOUR challenge and you can set your own rules.
    I still remember my first ever book goal for a New Year's Resolution was to read one book each month. Now I'm up to five! I still have never hit the elusive 100 books/year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! I'm actually juggling 2 books at once, which is very unlike me!

      Delete